I grew up in Sacramento, California, the oldest of seven. I earned an elementary teaching degree from Brigham Young University.
I've been a telemarketer, library helper at the university, assistant manager, sales clerk, tutor, and bilingual teacher. Now I'm a stay-at-home mom and writer.
I love to read and write!
I am also a reviewer for YABooksCentral.
I've contributed to School Librarian Journal - Teen Librarian Toolbox blog:
I am a member of Romance Writers of America and my local chapter, OCCRWA.
Ten Things About Me
1. I'm related to Edgar Rice Burroughs, author of Tarzan.
2. I won an art contest when I was six years old. A small picture of my art was in the San Francisco Chronicle.
3. I was on TV when I was little, following after a parade.
4. I admit I love the paranormal. I also like to visit psychic booths, though only in fun!
5. I like to listen to 80's music.
6. I absolutely love chocolate. I'm majorly bummed, I just found out I'm allergic to it. Carob, anyone?
7. I love to do genealogy. This is how I found out about my own Mexican roots that started with an ancestor named Acuna back in Spain.
8. I sold Marlo Thomas a handbag.
9. I wrote a horoscope column for my middle school newspaper.
10. It takes me a while to open up, but then watch out!